Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Undertaker of Vitality

Hello Fellow Bloggers, readers, and passers-by,

     In keeping up with habit, I feel the urge to blog, though my mind is blank. I feel the desire to move mountains, though my strength is weak. I feel the urge to spew curse words full of contempt to the abusers of children, though my heart says, spite is for the damned. So, I will carry on with my thoughts (clean for you, dirty for me, cause, yeah, that's how I roll!) :)

     Today it is hot! I can't tell you that Arkansas heat is any different than the deserts in Arizona or the Gulf Heat in Texas, but I can tell you, it's damn hot in NE Arkansas. But for the sake of fighting boredom, I ventured to the library with two of the four kids on a book excursion. But before that, the errands of a doctors visit for prescription refills, a trip to the bank and then to the grocery store. Yeah, I bought groceries first, not thinking, 'hey L, it's damn hot outside', to then arrive at the library! Thirty-five minutes in the library and I think, 'crap, the milk is going to spoil and the eggs are going to hatch, come on kids, we gotta jet'... Disappointment on their faces was more than I could bare and frankly, I hate myself for not being better organized today. Luckily, us mom's have magic on our side... Thanks to the newly built (OK, it's almost two years old, but it's still new to us) Dollar General Store in our little town, Ice Cream turned those frowns upside down... and so did the sticky-sweet kisses I received!

     And as I sit at my computer, knowing laundry needs to be folded, dinner needs to be prepped, I can't help but wonder what everyone else is doing? Is there news I haven't heard? Is there some fun new 'word' game on face book to make the men, yet again wonder what us wives are up to? The last one made the news! But as humorous as that thought could be, it quickly dwindled. Because we do not live in a time where humor is often seen or heard or even felt. The world in and of itself has become a grave site. A cemetery that is all too often filling with youth rather than fully grown adults. More young blood is spilled because of greed and self-fulfilling prophecy. And it is becoming more common to hear of children abusing others. Westside, Columbine, VA Tech, just to name a few... How sad it is that we live on a planet, with trees and breezes and oceans and rain, and mountains and surreal beauty and yet, it feels like hell. Not because of the heat, but because our souls, the very spirit of life has became an undertaker. Oscar Wilde (one of my all time favorites) said, "we are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell." I believe he may have been on to something when he said that. Because for the life of me, I can't fight the feeling that mankind is going to end mankind before God has a chance. And shamefully, our system of fighting good and bad is just as weak as we are.

     And the majority of you agree. I posed a question to you on this very blog last week. The question was: "Do you feel the justice system meets today's demands of justice?" And though this particular blog is fairly new, the results were 60%-40% NO... Of the fifteen total votes, only 6 said yes, but that it could use improvement. Feels like we're fanning the flames of hate and despair, but in all actuality, our views of the world have become cynical. And the waste of human lives due to the lack of passion to truly live is ever growing.

     From the kids and their sticky-sweet kisses to the hot and humid summer days in my little piece of heaven, I leave you with this thought.
"It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui (boredom)" ~Helen Keller

     Until Tomorrow,
     LaVonda
    

No comments: